How do I activate SMS on MTN?
Dial *136*2# and select the 'SMS' option to buy SMS bundles or dial *136*5# and select 'Manage Bundles' for SMS bundle cancellations.
If you're not receiving Android notifications, check to see if Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode are turned on, and turn them off. Make sure system notifications and app notifications are turned on in your settings. Your power or data settings could also be preventing apps from retrieving notification alerts.
- Scroll to Message Menu.
- Tap on Message Settings.
- Select Text Messages.
- Tap on Message Centre Number.
- Type in the correct message Centre number +234803000000.
Wait for a few minutes as your phone reads the new SIM card. Once you have a full tower signal on the notification panel of your phone, open the text message app. Now, send the following text message: SMS (Your 20-digit SIM card number) and send it to 121.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into Apps.
- Find the Messages app under See all apps.
- Tap on Storage & cache.
- Hit Clear Cache.
- You can also select Clear storage for a clean start.
Tap the settings button (top right corner) Tap SMS Enabled.
Tap 'Settings' or 'Messaging' settings. If applicable, tap 'Notifications' or 'Notification settings'. Configure the following received notification options as preferred: Enabled when a checkmark is present or switch is in the ON position.
Simply dial *196#, select Subscription Alerts, select All Alerts or Alerts by Sender ID and follow the prompts. The same process applies when you want to allow Promotional Messages to be sent to you.
- On your phone, turn your Wi-Fi off and back on.
- Make sure your phone and computer are connected to the internet with a strong signal. ...
- Make sure your phone has background data turned on for the Messages app. ...
- If you have VPN, turn VPN off and try to reconnect.
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Phone.
- Type *#*#4636#*#*.
- Tap Phone information.
- Scroll down to SMSC.
- Enter the relevant SMSC number in the input field, then tap Update.
How do I set up SMS settings?
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap More. Settings. Stop notifications from other apps: Tap Notifications. Turn off All "Default settings" notifications. Get notifications on your phone from Messages: Tap Notifications. Turn on Incoming messages.
Type in +234803000000.
- Tip 1. Restart Your Android Phone. ...
- Tip 2. Force Stop Message App. ...
- Tip 3. Disable The Third-party App that Installed Recently. ...
- Tip 4. Fix System Issues with DroidKit – Android System Repair Tool. ...
- Tip 5. Clear Cache and Data in Message App. ...
- Tip 6. Factory Reset.
To view an SMSC on an Android device: Open the Phone. Dial *#*#4636#*#* to open the Testing menu.
Go to Settings > Apps, find your stock SMS app (the one that came pre-installed on your phone). Tap it, and make sure it's not disabled. If it is, enable it. Now launch the SMS app, and look for the SMSC setting.
Confirm Verified SMS functionality
To confirm that Verified SMS is enabled on your device, open the Messages app, tap the more_vert button, then tap Settings. If Verified SMS appears in Settings, Verified SMS is enabled on your device.
Why do my text messages disappear on Android? There a number of reasons that may cause the issue. It can be an accidental deletion or loss, recent app updates that affect your text messages, date and time setting in your phone is not updated, Android system or app version that needs an update, and many others.
If you're not connected to Wi-Fi, make sure cellular data is turned on:
- On your Android device, open the Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet. Mobile network.
- Make sure Mobile data is turned on.
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap Compose .
- In the 'To' field, enter the names, phone numbers or email addresses that you'd like to message. You can also choose from your top contacts or your whole contacts list.
- Dial 136 for updates on remaining airtime, SMSs or data.
- Dial *136# for a summary balance.
- Dial *136*1# for a detailed balance.
How do you reset message center on Android?
Select SMSC Setting Option. Update or set New Message Center Number.
Open the Messages app menu (Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Messages), select Storage & cache, and tap Clear Cache. Open Messages and check if it works correctly. Otherwise, clear the app's data. Select Clear Storage and tap OK on the confirmation prompt.
- Select Messages.
- Select the Menu button. Note: The Menu button may be placed elsewhere on your screen or your device.
- Select Settings.
- Select More settings.
- Select Text messages.
- Select Message Centre.
- Enter the Message centre number and select Set.
- open the message.
- open eclipse menu from top right corner(three dots)
- Now select message details from the options.
- Here you can find all the information related to messages including SIM number the message was sent to.
SMS vs. MMS.
The first and biggest thing to know about the difference between SMS and text messages is that there is no difference. SMS, or Short Message Service, is a form of text message that's sent from one device to another.